Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #11


  1. Do you have any type of air cleaner in your home?
    No, I should add one for dust and pollen, but I haven't yet. We do have a HEPA filter on the vacuum cleaner. I'm not sure just how much it really helps, but we do have that.
  2. What do you do with the spare change you accumulate in your car, purse, pockets, etc.?
    We save our change, roll it and donate it to charity. This year our main charity is Africa Mercy. We've a friend who's on a two year stint with Africa Mercy and Boo seems to remember and pray for her often.  
  3. What 's one chore you wish you never had to do again?
    I guess, ironing...which I just don't do unless I'm sewing. I dislike folding and putting away clothes though I've developed a routine and it seems to be less of a trial anymore. Dish washing is another one of those I'm-not-so-fond-of-doing chores.

    Who am I kidding? I'm not fond of house cleaning. I like a clean house. I just wish it would clean itself.
  4. Are you outgoing, quiet, shy, reserved or the life of the party?
    I tend to be quiet and reserved...until I know you. Then I'm more outgoing, although I doubt I'd ever be considered the life of the party type. I'm just me. Give me a good book or a computer with my word processing and photography programs, some peace and quiet and I can entertain myself for hours.
  5. Have you understood your parents more as you've gotten older?
    Yes indeed! Most of the time my Mother and I have a really good working relationship. Somehow growing up, we never had that. I never felt too close to her then. She thrived on being busy and doing things, especially decorating and painting. I was rather intimidated by her talent. I'd rather stay home and read or draw.

    Now, we actually have discussions...not that we often agree, but we do better understand each other. We seem to have different stances on many political, religious and educational topics. I'd never have guessed that. We are working on some projects together. I never thought we'd do that. It seems our talents compliment each other. Who knew I'd develop a new appreciation for my Mother in my mid 50's? I'm just really grateful for this time with her.





Join Patrice for more Chats on the Farmhouse Porch.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so very happy to read/hear that people have such great relationships with their parents. I don't know what that is for me. I'm on speaking terms with my parents. We just don't have a full on relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you can teach your house to clean itself. :)I love a clean house, but I hate doing the work. Cooking- I can do that non-stop, but cleaning just doesn't fit the bill. Have a good week. Hello to Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they can invent an oven that cleans itself why can't they invent a house that is self cleaning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Sorry to use your comment box to contact you, but I wanted to be sure you got the message. We'd love to have you join us on the Jesse Tree Ornament Swap. If you'd still like to participate, just stop by the post: http://liturgicaltime.blogspot.com/2013/09/Jessetreeornamentswap.html
    I left you a comment there--right after your comment. Feel free to choose from the remaining ornaments. Just make sure I have your email address. Thanks for joining us! :)

    ReplyDelete